Endometriosis diet and lifestyle
Healthy special endometriosis diet could be very useful foundation to assist you in reducing unpleasant symptoms of endometriosis. It was noted that that with special endometriosis diet you can reduce the pain, avoid strong cramps, reduce bloating and even to balance your hormones.
- The first is to cut back on animal fats, especially high-fat dairy, red meat and fish. These animal fats contain dioxins and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB’s) which have been associated with endometriosis.
- Nutrients that help in the balancing and metabolic process of estrogen are found in foods such as Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, and bok choy.
- Eat Vitamin B and fiber rich food.
- Eat fish; it contains omega-3 fatty acids which help in suppressing prostaglandin production.
- It is advisable to take fruit juice or vegetable juice. Don’t go for chilled or cold juice. These juices are to be stored at room temperature. Dark grape, papaya, pineapple and mango are considered to be beneficial in endometriosis.
- Avoid dairy products as much as possible. They are considered as triggering factor for endometriosis.
- Avoid fatty diet, spicy food and non-vegetarian items. Alcohol and smoking are highly contraindicated in condition like endometriosis.
- Avoid caffeine, sugar, red meat and alcohol.
- Avoid all dairy products.
- Avoid fried foods and processed foods.
- Eat a low fat and fiber rich vegetarian diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, salads, flax seed oil and cereals are good sources of fiber.
- Eat vitamin B rich food and fiber rich vegetarian diet. Whole grains, salads, flax seed oils and cereals are rich sources of fiber which help to relieve some pain in the case of endometriosis. This is one of the simple home remedies for endometriosis.
- One should strictly avoid animal fat, high dairy fatty products and meat. These have chemical called polychlorinated biphenyls and dioxins. These chemicals are considered to be very bad especially in the condition like endometriosis.
- Try to include the diet having rich in vitamin C, magnesium and zinc. These elements help in preventing endometriosis.
- Preventing an intake of dioxins and polychlorinated biphenyls by reducing animal fats particularly red meat and fish from your diet is undoubtedly one of the best natural remedies for endometriosis that you can avail.
Useful Advices for Endometriosis
Progesterone cream may relieve the pelvic pain and/or pain experienced during menstrual periods and it is thought to slow the growth of abnormal tissue during endometriosis.
Natural progesterone cream is applied to the wrists, inner arms, inner thighs, or upper chest at a dose and schedule that should be recommended by a professional. It’s important to be supervised and to have progesterone levels monitored on lab tests, because too much progesterone can cause such side effects as mood changes, depression, water retention, weight gain, and absent or abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Reduce Chemical Intake
There is increasing evidence that chronic exposure to the environmental chemicals dioxins and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) is associated with an increased prevalence and severity of endometriosis.
One way to reduce intake of these chemicals is to cut back on animal fat, especially high-fat dairy, red meat, and fish. Dioxin and PCBs both accumulate in animal fat and it is our main route of exposure.
Try to avoid stress especially when you are suffering from endometriosis. Excess cortisol also plays an important role in the progression of endometriosis. Prolonged stress leads to the elevation of this hormone which may result in hormonal imbalance. It is important to eliminate unnecessary stress or relieve and learn to cope with the stresses brought on by day-to-day life. Relaxation exercises, meditation, and breathing exercises are effective in developing these coping mechanisms.
One study involving 49 women found that cortisol levels were significantly higher in women with advanced endometriosis compared to women who didn’t have this condition.
Avoid using tampons during periods.
Matched Related Content: