Permanent hair removal
Nowadays modern Laser and Electrolysis equipments could be considered as permanent hair removal methods. But there is no 100% guaranteed permanent hair removal method for ALL women because the effect depends on the type of skin, where on the body the hair is growing, what is the main cause for unwanted hair on face and body, etc.
Laser permanent hair removal is very popular because of its speed and efficacy.
Generally speaking if women don’t have any hormonal dysfunctions and/or diseases but just want to be beautiful by removing some unwanted hair, permanent hair removal with laser could be the best option.
Many celebrities choose laser permanent hair removal for unwanted hair as it is considered the highest quality, most safe and effective method for removing all hair from visible body areas.
During last decade the laser hair removal methodologies have been proven by the Food and Drug Administration as permanent hair reduction methods – it means that the number of unwanted hairs can be dramatically reduced but not all hair are permanently removed. It should be mentioned that some specific body areas are more effectively for laser permanent hair removal. At the same time, some hair colors are less responsible for laser procedures.
Laser mechanism of action
Laser hair removal works by focusing a laser beam at the base of the hair follicle – the laser light passes through the surface of the skin and is absorbed by the growth bulb of the hair. Usually laser is attracted to the dark pigment in hair called melanin – the energy from the laser travels down to the base of the hair follicle using melanin as a “conductor” where it disperses as thermal energy. As a result the growing hair is destroyed and will not grow again. As well as the laser needing melanin, the hair must also be in a certain stage of its growth cycle for the treatment to be effective. The laser is not damaging the surrounding tissue.
Modern Intense Pulsed Light system (IPL) uses less powerful, diffused light waves.
Laser permanent hair removal methods can be used on any part of the body, including the most common problematic areas (face, bikini, legs and underarms). It is important to mention that melanin is needed for effective permanent hair removal and laser hair removal is not always effective for blonde, white, red or grey hair.
Recommendations for LASER PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL
- If you decided to use laser for permanent hair removal, you should limit plucking, waxing, and electrolysis for 6-7 weeks before laser procedure because laser targets mainly roots of hair and roots could be removed by waxing or plucking.
- Sun exposure should be avoided during 6-7 weeks before laser procedure because sun exposure could decrease the effectiveness of laser permanent hair removal and could also increase the risk of side effects and/or complications.
- For permanent hair removal laser sessions should be repeated because first session usually eliminates the active hair follicles and inactive so called “sleeping” follicles could grow new hairs (after procedure).
- Laser sessions should be repeated after 3-5 weeks for permanent elimination of remaining hairs in requested areas. Most women need about 4-6 sessions for permanent hair removal.
- Facial permanent hair removal should be done every 4 weeks and body permanent hair removal could be done every 6 weeks.
- Some women with extended hair grow with specific hair type and genetic factors could need additional session for permanent hair removal.
- Don’t expect any pain during laser permanent hair removal. You could feel some heat but quality modern laser equipments have cooling spray that dissipates the small level of heat generated by the laser.
- In most cases after laser permanent hair removal the skin is left smooth and silky with minimal side effects.
- Women with coarse dark hair on light skin are best candidates for laser permanent hair removal. Women with blonde, white, red or grey hair are not best candidate for laser permanent hair removal.
- Depending on the laser or light source used, you could need to wear appropriate eye protection (check in instruction).
LASER PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL benefits
- Effective for permanent hair removal in all needed areas of the body – face, leg, arm, underarm, bikini line, abdomen, back.
- Very precise method of permanent hair removal – lasers can selectively target unwanted hair leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Best speed for permanent hair removal – each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. Small body area (upper lip, chin) can be treated in less than a minute, and large area (legs, back, abdomen) could take up to one hour.
- Best effectiveness of permanent hair removal – about 95% users achieve permanent hair removal after 3-5 sessions.
LASER PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL side effects
After laser procedure women could have some redness in the skin which is completely normal and generally settles within 24 hours. Protecting your skin from the sun is essential to avoid any darkening caused by increased pigment in the skin called hyperpigmentation.
Very rare some women could experience side effects after laser sessions. The following is the list of possible complications:
- Redness and/or irritation;
- Itching during procedure;
- Pain, tingling or feeling of numbness (in case of equipment with cold spray);
- Crusting/scab formation (on ingrown hairs);
- Purpura or bruising (purple coloring of the skin) on tanned areas;
- Temporary pigment change (hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation).
Matched Related Content: