It is not easy to stop smoking but everybody can quit smoking.
Why you should quit smoking?
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) smoking women lost 14.5 years of life and smoking men lost an average of 13.2 years of life because of smoking.
Each year, smoking causes early deaths of about 443,000 people in the United States.
Main reasons for quitting smoking:
- Health and quality of life of smokers,
- Health of family members, colleagues and friends – “second hand smokers”.
Quit smoking benefits
- Does not matter how old you are and/or how long you were smoking, just quit smoking and it will help you live longer and be healthier. If you can quit smoking before 50, it will extend your life by 50% and you can have healthier rest of your life.
- If you quit smoking at any age, you will have immediate health benefits.
- If you stop smoking, you will reduce the risk factors for lung cancer, heart attack, stroke and chronic lung disease.
- If you stop smoking before pregnancy and/or during the first 10-15 weeks of pregnancy, you will dramatically reduce the risk of having a low birth-weight baby.
How to stop smoking
FIRST – make your final decision to stop smoking;
SECOND – choose the day (“STOP Smoking Day”) when you start quitting smoking;
THIRD – choose the method which will help you to stop smoking;
FOURTH – learn how to deal with smoking withdrawal symptoms;
FIFTH – maintenance stage – just keep your “quit smoking” programme.
“Quitting smoking is easy. I’ve done it a thousand times.”
Matched Links from Women Info Sites / Google