Skin sun protection methods
The best way of skin sun protection is just avoiding sun exposure which not always possible. Every woman should know skin sun protection methods.
The most simple skin protection from the sun is a cover up of the skin from UV radiation. Cotton cloths and hats are the best solution from skin sun protection. Different kinds of umbrella also could be considered as a simple and effective skin sun protection.
SPF (sun protection factor) is the most popular and effective method for skin sun protection. Sun screening industry developed very well and you can always select suitable SPF for your particular skin. It is recommended to use sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays (“broad-spectrum sunscreen”).
It is recommended to apply sunscreen 20-30 minutes before sun exposure. Sunscreen should be reapplied often (every 2-3 hours).
Remember that some medications (tetracycline and diuretics) could increase the skin’s sensitivity to UV rays and it is absolutely necessary to discuss this issue with your doctor before sun exposure. In these cases usually extra sun protections could be needed.
Skin sun protection methods
Sometimes women forget to apply SPF on sensitive spots like the tops of the ears, the hairline, the “V” of the chest, the nose and the hands which could trigger not only isolated sunburn but also other types of skin damages.
If you use shadow or umbrella for skin sun protection, you should remember that they provide only moderate protection from ultraviolet light but never protect from UV rays reflected off sand, water, snow and other objects.
Sunbathing is a very popular and favorite activity during summer holidays but sunbathing is never healthy (especially for women with fair skin). Id sunbathing is your absolutely favorite activity, take it easy and slowly and give a chance to your skin to build up gradually its natural melanin skin protection.
Never forget to take care of your skin during cloudy cool days or during snowing days because ultraviolet light can penetrate cloud cover and can be reflected from the white snow.
Skin sun protection tips
Skin sun protection
- Stay out of the midday sun (usually from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.);
- Find shadow if you need to be outdoors;
- Always wear protective loose-fitting clothing (preferably light cotton) which can cover open skin from sun exposure;
- Skin sun protection hats should have wide (4 in or 10cm) brims that can cover neck, ears, eyes and scalp;
- Never safe money for good quality sunglasses with UV ray protection which can prevent eye damage (including cataracts);
- Avoid indoor tanning;
- Never forget protect babies from sun exposure;
- Use (every day) your favorite sunscreen to help protect your skin while you are in the sun;
- Select SPF properly (at least 15 or higher and “broad-spectrum”) and always read instructions;
- Apply the sunscreen at least 20-30 minutes before going in the sun and apply correctly;
- Apply sunscreen every 2-3 hours while in the sun and after swimming or sweating a lot;
- If you have dry skin, use selected cream or lotion sunscreen;
- If you have oily skin or you work in dusty or sandy conditions, use a gel, which dries on the skin without leaving a film;
- Old women and women with sensitive skin need higher level of SPF (at least 15).
Matched Related Content: