These policies are created because it is required by law.
However, we try to write these things in a HUMAN-FRIENDLY language for everyone to understand.
2. DMCA policy
3. Affiliate disclosure statement
- We recognize that privacy of information is important. We will never sell your personal information to third parties.
- We do not have any humans assigned to track your information. We do have computer programs which check how many visitors arrive to our website, how they got here and which articles everyone is reading.
- If you sign up to our email list then this email address is stored in our email database for communication with you and this database is never sold to anyone. You can unsubscribe anytime.
- If you sign up an account to become a member then this information is stored in our member’s list database, which, as well, is not shared with anyone.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- We make links to other websites when we think they have interesting articles or interesting products. We are not responsible the practices or the content of other websites.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may have the option to opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select « Remember Me », your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Google Analytics: These cookies are necessary for the site to function properly by understanding visitor statistics such as number of page views, which articles are more popular, which devices or countries visitors visit from, etc.
- Google Ads or other ads: These cookies are used to provide you with useful information such as relevant ads based on recent browser data. Ads are both useful for visitors to see interesting relevant websites / products/ services and for our site to generate some income to help pay our monthly costs. Cookies used by Google Ads or their ad partners or other ad providers.
- WordPress & Site protection: These cookies collect simple user information which is required for the site to function properly and defend itself properly against various attacks. Cookies used by WordPress, Antivirus, Anti-spam, Anti Bot Attacks, Anti Hacker Attacks.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
- If you have an account on this site you can request you can request that we erase your account completely with all its data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS / GOOGLE ADS / AMAZON ADS
- This site also uses third party advertisements to generate revenue. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our website, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
- You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security, McAfee and others. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
CHILDREN & ANY SPECIAL CASES
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our systems.
- Also if we learn that something incorrect or immoral is associated with our website we will take action to correct that straight away.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
- If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices related to this Site, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database please feel contact us using the provided contact form.
2. DMCA policy
Digital Millenium Copyright Act Notice
- The purpose of this law is to respect the intellectual property rights of people. Therefore, if you by chance notice any copyright violation on our website please use the provided contact form to contact us and explain what the problem is with as much detail as possible. We will then, as fast as it is possible, take corrective action.
3. Affiliate disclosure statement
- As mentioned we have third party advertisements on our sites from which we earn a commission. We are also “affiliated” with websites like AMAZON and we may display products on our website and if a sale is made then we earn a commission.
- “Affiliated” just means that you display their ads on your website and depending on the conditions of the affiliation you either get paid when something is sold or when someone clicks on the advertisement.
- We DO NOT just spam/display ads carelessly. We write GREAT content on our website and we try to link our great content with RELEVANT advertisements.
- Again, if someone notices something improper please let us know through the contact form we have provided and we will take a corrective action as fast as it is possible.
- To say in simple English, by visiting our website you are obliged to follow all the laws which exist for the internet.
- You are not allowed to damage the website.
- You are not allowed to copy our content (copyright violation)
- You are not allowed to offend or hurt other people.
- You are not allowed to post any vulgar words.
- You are not allowed to use a software to gather information on our website or our visitors.
- Basically be a good person, don’t do evil things!